Raspberry alternative

Hello there! Since info-beamer OS is based on Linux, is it possible to run it on other systems?, maybe a more powerful PC?

I’d imagine that isn’t possible, as you can see from the supported hardware page:
https://info-beamer.com/hardware

I’ve been amazed at what the Pi can handle, I’ve had it running multiple content sources simultaneously, including a video looped background with a live rtp stream overlay using the scheduled player package.

I’m sure much of that is down to the fantastic work that Florian has put into the software :slight_smile:

You are right! Florian has done fantastic work with info-beamer! I’m so glad I found it.

Yes, the Pi can handle a lot, and with info-beamer it gets even better.

I did not know the hardware page, will check out the info there, thank you a lot! :slight_smile:

Like @johnniewalker.email said, only the Pi (with all its different models) is supported. Other hardware, while sometimes more performant, most of the time doesn’t have the same reliability and long term support. Also focusing on the Pi allows info-beamer to get the most out of that hardware.

That is so awesome to know! You guys Rock! I’m will change my hole Pi network to info-beamer!

Let me (or the community) know if you have any additional questions. Happy to help.

Thank you a lot for your patience! I do ask a lot :slight_smile: